Dear Parents and Carers
Please be aware that we are doing as much as we can to protect the pre-school from COVID-19, please see below some information from the team at the pre-school and the CIO:
- If your child, you as a parent or carer have been in contact with an infected person or a person on self isolation please phone through to the pre-school on 01409 282856 to discuss your childs/childrens attendance at the pre-school. Please do not arrive at the pre-school to discuss, please phone through in advance of your child’s session. If you are un-sure then again please do phone the pre-school before your childs/childrens session. We have staff members that are on site from 08:30am to take your call. We shall be assessing your child’s health on a daily basis, please do not be alarmed if we contact you to collect your child. Safety of the children and our staff is paramount.
- Please do not send your child to the pre-school if they have a persistent cough, flu like symptoms, temperature and generally not well. Children should be kept home for 14 days if this is the case.
- Please can children NOT bring any home toys/books into the pre-school until further notice.
- We have put together an information pack on COVID-19 which is available to read at the pre-school at anytime. This pack includes information from the government and our own risk assessment that we have undertaken.
- The staff at Little Bears will be signing your child in the register for the foreseeable future. Please notify us of any changes to your emergency contact numbers.
- All red book bags will now be staying at the pre-school. If you would like an update on your child’s learning we will be happy to update you at an arranged time.
- We shall be cancelling any planned trips, external visitors, events and fundraising events for this term.
- We will be working in close contact with the primary school and in the event that Shebbear Community School closes we shall have to follow suit and close the Pre-School. If this happens we shall contact all parents and carers at the earliest opportunity.
Please do not hesitate to contact the pre-school if you have any questions, we shall continue to update you on any further changes and announcement’s each day the pre-school is open.
Jane Elston and Team 01409 282856
Victoria Tonkin and CIO team 07964742928